NENPA; New England Newspaper Publishers Association
- Profit First Newspaper Sites. Mel Taylor: critical issues w/ online revenue generation. Feb. 2012
- Social Media SMART BLOG; The Growth of Hyper-Local Media 2011
- Can Patch Survive? Mel Taylor sees this hyper-local effort as a loss-leader. Jan 2012
- Hyper Local Business Models for News…a Big Problem. VIDEO by Mel Taylor.
- Old School Media Execs Seen as Digital Drag? Story by Mel Taylor
- Article by Mel Taylor suggesting that AOL/Patch can steamroll local media.
- Read Mel Taylor Media report on the battle for hyper-local news & revenue.
Local Media Association
- Understanding Patch & Digital Competitors. Recap from Mel Taylor’s presentation. Jan.
- The SNA recap from Mel Taylor Media’s Email Marketing 101 webinar.
Reynolds Journalism Institute
- The Patch Effect. Several media professionals have published plans on how to respond to Patch in the marketplace. Mel Taylor is even offering a “How to Beat Patch” webinar.
Friday Morning Quarterback
- Tough Love for Radio & Web Revenue Models. Report by Mel Taylor. NAB Preview
- FMQB interviews Mel Taylor Media on Radio’s challenge w/Web business models.
- Mel Taylor Media moderates FMQB digital symposium for Radio & Record labels
Philadelphia Press Club
- Mel Taylor discusses social media tools & tactics, to group of local journalists.
Philadelphia Ad Club
- Using Local to Win Online. Story by Mel Taylor
- Run your Radio Website like a Business. Report by Mel Taylor Media
Newspapers & Technology
- Mel Taylor Media describes characteristics of web sales staffs; separate vs. hybrid. 2008
Newspaper Association of America
- Mel Taylor interviews Howard Owens, Chris Tolles, Allison Scholly & other digital execs about their Newspaper’s online initiatives. 2008
New England New Media Association
- Mel Taylor leads the Web sales boot camp for Newspaper execs expanding their skill set. 2009