Just got back from the Multimedia Key Executives Conference in St. Petersburg, Florida. It was a record breaker as the SNA, Inland Press and SNPA joined forces to create this ‘must attend’ event of the season. Close to 500 attendees from the newspaper industry gathered for 3 days where digital was a top priority.
The Renaissance Vinoy Resort was filled with publishers, ad managers, owners and vendors that were seriously focused on the challenges and opportunities that the Internet is serving up. Of note, it was refreshing to see a full house right up until the end of the event on Wednesday afternoon. It was a fully packed, 3 day conference.
Clark Gilbert from Deseret Media in Salt Lake City set the tone as keynote speaker. He pulled no punches and knocked it out of the park.
I was especially grateful for being invited to speak at this prestigious gathering. After watching Clark deliver a frank and very compelling session…I just HAD TO take it up a notch with my session focused on how newspaper can beat Patch and other local competitors.
View or download my presentation deck below.
- Run web the same way you run print; #1 Profit, #2 operations, #3 editorial. In that order.
- Is person running your digital assets financially motivated to make a profit?
- Do top managers, CEO’s & owners have a strong grasp of digital competition and tactics to win? How can someone manage what they don’t fully understand?
- Do sales reps have compensation plans that feature bonus & penalty?
- Do reps know which competitors are offering digital products to clients?
- Are you cheapening site by using 3rd party and remnant ad networks?
- News is not a business model.